Shirley Kirkcaldy – Contemporary Landscape
Saturday 21st January 2023 at Yealmpton Community Centre
10.00am – 4.00pm ( please arrive by 9.45am to set up your table)
This workshop will introduce a range of mixed media techniques and materials using a variety of tools and mediums.
The techniques used in this workshop can be applied to ongoing personal projects even if not in mixed media.
Shirley will start the workshop by giving an introduction into Mixed Media with references to mixed media artists past and present, followed by a short demo of her working methods including materials and tools – paint, inks, mediums, collage.
She will lead some warm-up exercises to encourage experimentation and give individual support with materials and techniques.
After lunch Shirley will give a short demo to bring in other media such as charcoal and pastels etc.
There will be time for participants to explore preferred media
Bringing it all together through either a personal project or continue with exploration if preferred.
Although Shirley will be providing some materials and equipment, below is a list of the materials she suggests you should bring, as well as any other materials that may be useful (paints, canvases, paper, glue, props, etc.)
- Preferred painting surface – e.g., canvas; mdf board [primed with at least 2 coats of gesso]; mixed media paper, mixed media boards [available cheaply at the Range]
- Brushes and palette knives; canvas boards
- A selection of acrylic paint colours (pastels if you have them0
- Preferred palette – this could be a pad of disposable palettes, ceramic or paper plates, glass or wood
- Jar or small container for water
- Protection for clothing
- Paper towels or rags
- Reference images – [optional] e.g. photos, sketches
- Easels – completely optional – people can choose to bring a floor or table easel otherwise table-tops will suffice
- Any additional items you would like to bring e.g. charcoal, pastels etc.
Plus, don’t forget your lunch! – Coffee, tea and biscuits provided but bring your own mug
To book a place on this workshop, please email email@example.com
Paint together sessions
Mondays 10am - 1pm in the Parish Room, Yealmpton
Mondays 1pm - 4pm in the Parish Room, Yealmpton